Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Brian,
I've tried them all, open-finger, closed finger, high-dollar Sauer mitt, cheap mitt, mitt over a glove....all of them, and have settled on an open-finger Champion's Choice glove with the black "pebbly" grip. It's cheaper than the Anschutz's and even the Creedmoor, but is better built in my opinion.
Unlike Rost, I DO handle pencils, sling adjustments, everything, with my support hand quite often. You couldn't put me in a full-fingered glove for anything!

SOrry to be OT here, but question the use of the support hand, By that I mean I shoot right handed but my left is my basic support. How do you sling up and still use same slung up hand to write, handle ammo, move sights and such? Just curious or either we have a technical jargon confusion as to what the support hand is and what the firing hand is. And I may be the one wrong on the terms fwiw.

Jeff

Jeff, I don't mean I'm doing those things while I'm actually in the process of looking through the sights and trying to shoot. I mean using the support hand on occasion during a string of fire, let's say during the offhand portion at 200 yards. Fire a shot, then set the rifle down, maybe make an adjustment or re-ajust my cap and left-eye blinder that requires both hands , etc.....seems that everytime I put on a full glove on my support hand, I need a fingertip for something somewhere.....

Got it. Wasn't quite figuring it out. Thanks, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....