Thanks a lot for the input.

It looks like people have different preferences, like chocolate vs. vanilla. A moderately priced fingerless glove holds the most appeal for me at this time and this is what I am going to try. Hopefully my scores will let me know how it is working.

I guess I use a snug, not tight, sling so I haven't experienced hand discomfort from the sling. I do experience some discomfort in my upper arm (falling asleep) at the other end of the sling. The sling I am using is a cotton M-14 type and is probably more comfortable on the hand than a stiff, leather sling.

"ANd yes, you don't have any tension in the support hand or arm ever basically. If you get to where you think you are good, then stop right there, and think... TOTALLY relax, if you move at all as you TOTALLY relax, you still were not right... not quite." Rost495-I try to relax my support arm and hand as much as possible when I remember to do so. Often by the time offhand rolls around, I am sometimes forgetting to maintain shooting discipline and probably also forgetting to relax. Repetition, repetition, repetition...

"Shooting a sporter like that I would definitely emphasize sticky. If the glove isn't sticky, you may want to try some spray tac. The problem is, as the string of fire goes on, your hand slides down the fore end, breaking down your position." Barry, I haven't noticed my hand wanting to slide so far. Maybe if I shot in hot weather??