Gentlemen,

I will be taking my Whitworth .375 H&H to RSA in July for cape buffalo and other game. This rifle loves 300-gr bullets and I plan to do most of my shooting with the Nosler Partition.

I have a good supply of old style screw machine Partitions as well as the newer extruded versions. My rifle shoots both bullets inside of an inch.

I have taken a brown bear in Alaska with the new bullets without complaint, but nostalgia is whispering to me that I should try the old bullets on the buffalo. It probably is much ado about nothing, but do any of you veteran hunters have any feelings about the suitability of the old style Noslers vs the new ones?

Looking at the relief grooves on the two bullet styles, the partition on the new bullet appears to be positioned farther forward than that on the old style. This may favor the new bullet as far as retained weight and theorectical penetration.

I know that I'm largely swimming in a sea of esoterica here, but do any of you have any experience with old Noslers in buffalo?

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.