Originally Posted by BobinNH
bsa I ain't rich.... frown but I ain't sane either. sick

So, I paid a buck a bullet cry Cause that's all you could get back then.

It really was not like today,with great bullets being common and loaded in factory ammo.If you wanted great bullets you handloaded and that was that.

The BBC was strictly a boutique deal;handmade,scarce,and in demand...they also worked very well.So you paid the freight.

I still scrounge gun show tables for old boxes of screw machine Partitions....they are kinda fun to hunt with and kill just as well today as they did back then.

I have never used the new 300 gr 375 Nosler Partitions but have seen them at work on brown bear.They work very well and may be a better bullet than the old on's,depending how you want to define "better".The reason old bullets still work is because,while times have changed, the animals haven't. smile

Thanks Bob. I've got some old screw machine 30 cal 180 gr's that I hang on to becasue they are cool and hard to find. They also shoot so good that it's almost hard to believe. I don't think I'll burn them up though as I have around 500 of the new ones (30cal 180 partitions)....I need to get me some more 260gr. parts for my Holland and Holland mag though.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA