Quote" No, what I am saying is you don't need a 7 or 300 super whizzum shooting an 80 cent bullet to do a 20 cent job."

Said nicer than what I did, but all these guys touting that you just have to use premium bullets reminds me of the guys who drive a new $50K diesel pickup, w/brush guard, winch, headache bar, Goodyear Duratrack tires,fancy chrome rims, light bars across the top. and and topper on it without so much as a trailer hitch and the pickup never goes off the pavement. However,they just have to have it or they can't get to work.

I was talking to a neighbor the other day about the complex, expensive software being used in the acconting of our treasury.She changed it all over to a simple Excel spread sheet.Her final comment hit the nail on the head.We were using a 10 passenger,super charge van to get up the hill when all we needed was a tricycle. Same goes for the pick of what bullet we need to use.

If I used a rifle with magnum type velocities or required deep penetration,I'd use the bullet that did thejob for that task. However,I have yet to run into a deer that required the magnum chamberins.For that matter,I'd say the same about elk.Use what you want though,but don't be skeptical of all the hunters out there who use what they have found to work.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles