A couple weeks ago I got one of these from Doug. I have had it to the range about 10 different days in temps from 12-50 degrees, sometimes with bad mirage sometimes not. Basically quite a few different conditions.

Overall I am thinking this is the best "hunting" scope I have owned but will wait til next winter to officially make that claim grin. The 3 power is wide enough for very close shots and I would think 15 power is good to 1000 yards or for small targets.

I have the locking turret version and I really like the turrets. They have positive clicks and they repeat everytime so far. They are also very accurate in the adjustment amount, 16 moa adjustment at 100 yards is just over 16" in POI.

There is a zero stop that is very easy to set up and use. Like the CDS it only goes one turn and stops in both directions (was hoping for unlimited upward travel). There is a total of 18 MOA per turn and 16.5 MOA between the stops.

All adjustments...parallex, eyepiece, power ring all move freely and precisely.

Scope weighs about 18 oz and has 70 MOA (mine actually has 78 moa)

The glass is bright, clear, has good contrast and not too much glare while looking toward the sun. I find it very easy to get behind even on 15 power, quite a bit more forgiving than the VX3 LR. It is not as sharp at long range as I would have thought. Basically just a little better than my vortex viper HS and not quite as good as my VX3 LR. Plenty good enough for hunting but at 400 yard targets I am not able to make out bullet holes in white paper which I can see with the VX3. The only complaint I have with the scope is sharpness at long range, and it really doesn't matter for hunting.

Overall I think these are going to be very popular due to the 1" tube, mid weight, nice size reticle (not too thin or too thick) and precise adjustments.

Thought a few of you would like to hear the thoughts of one sample. I would be happy to answer any questions I can.

Gary