Originally Posted by Zs84
Not to hijack this thread but has anyone any experience with the Williams receiver sight for the blr/bar? Any info regarding front sight height and overall impressions of this sight would be greatly appreciated.

I have a steel framed, straight stock BLR in 358 ( ithink its the BLR 81) It have the williams WGRS on it and I think a .575 in the front and the rear sight is in the middle of its adjustment range. The sight is simple, seems rugged. I put a rifle shell carrier on it with a piece of 3/16 foam under it and it lines up very well for me. Its very shootable without the cheek pad but with the pad it mounts like a shotgun. BTW I found the stock too low with a scope in weaver lows too.

I have it zeroed with hornady 200's at 2400FPS ( its a bit under max) at 125 yds. Its a nice close range rifle and I have shot a number of deer with it.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge