Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I certainly don't have any sympathy for the LAPD. They reap what they sow.
Too much affirmative action. Judging people based on their skin color not the content of the character.
The way I see it is as the equivalent of a gang rivalry gone deadly. Someone posted a video laying out this perspective. The LAPD are a gang. One of their own snitched. He got booted from the gang for it and is now after revenge. I don't assume a moral superiority on the part of the cops in this situation. Nor do I have any more respect for Dorner than I would for a renegade Blood gang member who's gone homicidal against his former gang members. Punks on all sides, it seems. The actions of the LAPD thus far pretty much establish the validity of this perspective.

I wouldn't have any particular problem with this theory except that he didn't get fired suddenly after trying to snitch. Which he lied about.

He was/is a sub par cop, Seaman, and human. None of that is really in dispute.

Even if he WAS wronged somehow, he chose the wrong resolution. But he wasn't wronged. He simply failed in many aspects of his life. And he's a true sociopath and can't believe anything is his fault.

He had been told, correctly, that he was sub par one too many times for him to handle. And he snapped.

Sometimes crazy is just crazy. There doesn't always have to be a conspiracy or even a rational reason.