Originally Posted by JFKinYK
Temps - down to 0C
Moisture - varying, but I don't want to have to worry about it
Exertion - high (but this is tricky since I wouldn't likely hike with it on unless needed)

I want it to be my warm up layer for sheep hunting. Last year I drug a Patagonia DAS parka up the mountain. Mistake. It weighs 23 oz with 120g of Primaloft and I can wear it down to -40 in YK. After my hunt I realized a snow dump isn't likely in my sheep spot and can get away with a smaller, lighter piece. It did make a great pillow though.

I always take a hard shell with hood and beanie along so I can get away without a hood on this piece.

Great thoughts everyone! Thanks.

Well, I first went into that country in April, 1966, was last there in 2006 and the several visits I have made there were for extended periods from 2 weeks to 3 months, often alone in the mountains for extended periods.

Based on that, I started with down and wool, it was what I had, but, the better synthetic sweaters, "Wildthings" under a "Westcomb" shell, is my choice. This is costly gear and Wildthings WILL do "multicam", while WC won't; last time I was there and asked.

Still, also look at Integral Design Tactical as Evan still has some of his outstanding clohting available.....I just don't bother with any but these three makers now as the stuff is SO good, I have worn an ID Rundle 20* jacket over an Icebreaker light merino T at 0*F in comfort.......