Originally Posted by Ed_T
Originally Posted by Brad
I find the north Face Redpoint jacket to be the warmest of the Primaloft jackets by a fair bit... of course it's heavier too using 100+ gram Primaloft rather than the lighter 60-ish gram stuff.

I just don't find the micro primaloft jackets to be of much value in the fall.

Always interesting how things that work for one person don't for others. I seldom need anything warmer than a Mont-Bell Thermawrap unless its well below zero. When I do, I go for my Feathered Friends Helios jacket if I don't want a hood or my Rab Neutrino if I want a hood. Usually at those temperatures, keeping dry isn't as much of an issue (unless you fall into the creek like AL smile

Ed, when hunting I never wear an insulated jacket unless I stop to glass, so perhaps that's our difference.

The most I ever wear hunting (down to -30F) is a midweight zip Turtleneck, 100 Wt zip Turtleneck and light stretch jacket. Insulated jacket ONLY comes out for sitting and glassing, a mug-up, or in camp. Generally I'm just in the midweight t-neck or sometimes the stretch jacket.

When it's time to pull out quilted insulation, I typically want something far warmer than the usual micro-quilted jacket.

Here I am a -24*F in just those layers I described:

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery