Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Snowwolfe: There is NO 22 L.R. ammunition available in SW Montana - dittoes for the many shops and stores I have checked in the last month in Idaho and Washington states.
My friend needed some money last week and he took 12 bulk packs (525 rounds each) of Remington hollow-point ammo into our local pawn/sport shop put a price of $40.00 on each pack and it sold out in less than 8 hours of shop time (last 4 hours of one day and the first four hours of the next day!).
My friend admits to $24.00 profit on each pack and wishes he had asked for more money on each pack.
I have no trust in the Remington 525 bulk pack ammo anymore or I would have bought a carton or two from him for myself!
Other than that "short" appearance of the 22 Remington bulk packs I have seen NO 22 ammo in at least 20 stores I have been to, in three states, recently.
I think it is going to get a bit worse before it gets better!
And that is a shame.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Should have travelled to SE Montana, specifically Hardin, Montana!
I gave up on the city I live in and took a chance and went for a drive hunting for .22lr
That's where i picked up this haul, I was so sick of seeing nothing I bought more than usual from one store just last weekend.
The funny thing is that i didn't even come close to cleaning them out, and they were still actually discounting for bulk purchases (over 500 rounds) and encouraging large sales.
Note: None of this is for sale, I can provide a name/details of the shop to those who might want to attempt a drive to get your own.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]