It's good to be back -- as much as I can be. It'll be a little busy until at least the end of April.

Originally Posted by lawnman
Jim about that windscreen you use, did you make that? What is it made of and how is the best way to pack it without damaging it?
That windscreen that you saw in the photos is a standard MSR windscreen. A primus or Optimus windscreen would be fine too I'm sure. If you want to make one yourself, you can buy #36 aluminum tooling foil on eBay. It's pretty easy to use. You can also use roof flashing, but that's a little heavier.

The best way to store a windscreen by far is to roll it around your fuel bottle if you're using a 24oz or larger bottle. I then put the whole ensemble inside a bread bag or other similar long plastic bag to protect my pack's contents from snagging on the windscreen. Obviously wrapping around the fuel bottle is not helpful if you're using canister gas, but you may have a water bottle, fly rod case, etc. that you could wrap it around. Absent somethign to roll it around, I just fold it up and put it into a big ziploc bag which then goes in an outside or top pocket of my pack. Not ideal, but not bad either.

HJ