Originally Posted by J23
...I have a little project I want to undertake. I have several post 64/pre-AE Winchester 94s. All are 30-30 carbines. I see that Green Mountain Barrel has 32-40 octagon barrels in the #3 contour.

I want to rebarrel one of my 94's, changing it to a full length rifle. Of course I would need to find a rifle length/style foreend, and foreend metal, and a full length magazine tube.

I have always been intrigued with older Winchester lever guns, I own several that I hunt with, but have never been able to get my hands on a 32-40. Either the bore looked like a sewer pipe or they had a price tag approaching two grand.

Any 'smiths here want to give her a try? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I will handle the blueing, or perhaps the browning, myself.

Thanks!
Joe

Same dream I've had for years other than caliber choice I'd do mine in 25-35 Win all the used ones I find have sewer pipe barrels.Seems like it would be smart to start with a old rifle with all the right parts and rebarrel but the newer AE is stronger giving sighting options.I had a new M94 Short rifle on order when Winchester pulled the plug on them a few years ago. Magnum Man