Years ago my brother & I hunted in one of the controlled hunts in your area for deer & hogs. Since dogs & baiting were not allowed it was a difficult hunt. I did see one hog that responded to a call, but no shots. There were several small hogs checked in during my hunt. In the Culpeper area there are a number of feral hogs, but all on private land. Lots have been shot there. I have hunted hogs in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, & Texas. Techniques have included using dogs (my favorite), stalking, & out of tree stands. I gladly paid for access & usually a guide. As several posters noted allowing strangers to hunt your property leads to major problems. It may come as a shock to you, but a number of hunters & shooters could care less about leaving gates open, gut piles on roads, trash every where, & even occasionally shooting a stock animal. A private range I belong to has had target post shot repeatedly, back stops shot full of holes, & piles of cases left behind. Many today could give a chit about any thing they don't own.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?