Thanks Ronin! I do have three of them that have serial numbered cleaning rods, two of them match the rifle they are with, the other one doesn't.

Didn't have a whole lot of luck selling any of them at the gunshow this weekend. Got alot of "well boy, I will give you $100 for one of them, I need to make me a new deer rifle"...and when I informed them that they are non import marked, 95%+ original condition and have been in a private collection for the last 40 years, their response was "yep, and that is why I want to make me a new deer rifle out of one, they are in good shape".

So I told em "hey, if you want to make the rest more valuable, go ahead and buy one and chop it up, but your paying the price marked"...and when they saw the prices ($450+, depending on wood and year) they got ALL sorts of mad and told me about "when we used to buy those for $50 all day long". I would tell them "and who was President back then? Ike? Kennedy? Nixon?".

It seems that too many people who used to buy milsurp rifles "back in the day" and sporterize them, don't seem to realize those days are pretty much long gone. Most any half way decent milsurp is going to run a minimum of a couple hundred (Enfields) up to the $500 or higher range (decent '03's and such are running $700+ around here). Most of the decent milsurps now are too expensive or valuable to sporterize.

"admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" - good advice