My entry�..das frankenmauser. An interesting rifle built by my shade tree gunsmith buddy. The barrel was found in a pile of barrels somewhere in TN. According to the markings, including strike throughs, it started life as a 22 Hornet on a M54 Winchester�.was then rechambered to 22 Wasp�.then rebored and rechambered to 25-35. The barrel threads were so buggered when Andrew found it that it was unusable as a large shank. Andrew turned the entire bbl down to a feather weight contour and rethreaded it for a small shank mauser action. Since he just happened to have a large ring, small shank Turkish mauser action, he rechambered it to 250-3000 and screwed it on. The military stock was then cut down for sporter use, a Timney trigger added along with a Ruger No. 1 recoil pad and barrel band sling mount. There was something else on it that came from another rifle but I disremember what it was�.maybe the bottom metal.

Andrew added a side swing safety and used it a couple of years killing several deer with it. Then he decided I needed it. He knows I like totin� stuff in the woods that nobody else has and, believe me, there ain�t another one like this anywhere around. It shoots under 1.5MOA. I only got it at the end of last season and I was not lucky enough to see a deer the couple of times I took it. Just wait til next year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hook; 05/21/13.