Lent my flashlight to a first time hunting partner while hiking out in the dark of night, no moon. I gave it to him so he could get through a nasty alder patch, we were hiking off trail, he didn't have a light. He ran off and left me to stumble back to camp. His excuse was he was scared and afraid I would ask for my light back. Last time I ever hunted with him.

Then there was the time the two of us attempted to pack out a boned out cow in a single trip, didn't make it very far before my knees screamed out no F'n way.

Or the time I tood my older brother elk hunting and when we got one down he told me he was only able to carry my rifle up the hill and I was on my own to get the rest of the bull out = a very long, tough day.

And the one time I squeezed the trigger just as the elk step forward, then didn't wait long enough, then didn't shoot when I saw a bull walking in front of me for fear of shooting a second bull.

And the time we camped in the river bottom in bitter cold.

Guess I've had a lot of "worse mistakes"

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein