So, you want a battery that won't let you down, will hold a charge and will last more than a few months. I've been down the same road and eventually your search will take you to the Odyssey Battery.

Odyssey Battery

I have these batteries installed in my truck, my boat and my ATV. Living in Minnesota, we see a bit of cold winter weather. My ATV is stored over the winter and goes six months without starting. I pull it out in the spring, crank it over and it starts. The Odyssey battery in it is 5 years old! My truck will sit outside in zub-zero weather and not be started for two to three weeks but still fire right up at -15 below, did I mention it's a diesel? Lesser batteries couldn't handle the cold soak as well as the drain of heating the glow plugs while trying to turn over the engine. The Odyssey battery handles this with no problem. My boat battery sits up in Canada all winter, where temperatures can reach -35 below zero. Each spring I put the charger on it before putting it back in the boat, but it is always almost fully charged after sitting all winter.

Now, these batteries will cost you, probably double what you'll pay for a lesser battery. They'll also last three times longer, so in the long run they're cheaper but the up front cost can look a bit daunting. The good news is that Odyssey sells their marine batteries under the Sears DieHard Platinum brand and Sears has them on sale from time to time.

Sears DieHard Platinum Battery

So, if you're tired of lesser batteries not lasting and leaving you stranded, you've found your battery. Odyssey ATV batteries can be found on Ebay.

Good luck out there.