Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Really? A shot 2" out of a 1" group at 100 yards will be around 7" from point of aim out at 300. In many animals that would result in a hit about the diaphragm with a shoulder-crease hold.

A friend of mine who's an excellent, experienced game shot hunted in Tanzania with me a couple of years ago. He wounded one blue wildebeest at about 250 yards as it quartered toward him, and it was lost. It was sighted-in the day the safari started, but this was two weeks later, after bumping around a couple of hundred miles in a Toyota Land Cruiser. It turned his rifle was shooting two inches to the right, so instead of shooting the wildebeest in the shoulder joint the bullet had gone half a foot to the right, probably only going through one lung--which ain't enough on a wildebeest.

I agree and disagree. If a hunter knows their rifle is a 2 MOA gun then they need to take that into account. Aim to the middle of the forward half of a medium or large animal and it will die. Realize that with a 2 MOA killing isn't a Dead Right There thing. If your in an area at sundown tracking is going to be a bitch. As Dirty Harry well stated, " a man's got to know his limitations". Use some common sense and don't shoot when tracking and recovery is ridiculous. Finally it's better to stalk closer than 300 yards if your and your rifle are a 2 MOA combo.