I wore out my first .22-250 with a load consisting of 50 grain Hornady SXes and 40 grains of H380.

The most recent lived its life on 50 grain TNTs and 50 grain SXes both over 37.5 grains of Varget. This is HOT but even a half grain drop changed the groups from the .2s to the 2.x-s and, other than the 55 grain TBBC over a max load of H4895, I never found another load that'd stay under 2 inches in that gun. So ... that's what I shot. Case life was good, primers were fugly ... like a toad under a steam roller.

In the Swift ... I had one that lived on 43.5 grains of H380 under a moly coated 50 grain ballistic tip. That was basically the only thing it liked .. period ... and it liked that pretty well. Another shot the 55 grain ballistic tip over 44 grains of IMR 4831 ... and blew primers like crazy with anything else. With that load, at 200 yards, the last "group" I shot was punching 3 of the 4 push pins holding the target to the backstop and missing the 4th by less than a quarter inch. So why did I sell it? 26 inch straight cylinder barrel in a short stock ... the balance point was beyond the front sling stud and it was just a booger to operate.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...