Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
All I know is that the gen 4 guns will rust. I am disappointed with that for sure.

Really? This is the only interesting post in this rather lame thread - if it is true.

The only external metal that rusts on a 1st gen Glock is the slide release. I have a very high round count Gen 1 G19 that is never properly taken care of and it does not rust. The thing is the perfect truck gun.

So if there is rust on the slide on Gen 4's then that would indeed be a huge disappointment.

Your pistol is "made in Austria" and has a tennifer metal treatment from the factory.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this.

I just took a look at both my G35 and My G27. The frames on each say made in Austria. The slide simply says "Austria".

I have reports from the firearms training staff of Kentucky's Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement and from KSP personnel who have encountered rust developing on the slides of their Generation 4 pistols. KY F&W are issued G22's.

In each case I have been made aware of, the rust has developed in the slide serrations of the pistols.

I will buy my duty guns when I retire at the end of this month, but I am looking for a Generation 1 G17 and at some point I will add a Generation 2 or 3 G19, but I doubt I'll buy any more Generation 4 guns.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis