Originally Posted by Berettaman
I dont have time too look at the numbers, but if memory serves me correct, that cute little Toyota would rate just below a half ton pickup here. Perfect for your weekender crowd that pulls a bushel of leaves to the dump once a year and a jet ski to the lake twice. Some creative marketing and you would have a good seller with the wannabe truck owner crowd (of which we have a lot of these days).

I love my F250.

Not sure how your ratings work eactly, but the Land Cruiser is a heavier duty beasty than say the Hilux or Tundra. I would consider those "recreational vehicles" where as the Land Cruiser is definately a commercial vehicle, if that makes sense.

Land Cruiser's of one sort or another are pretty much the vehicle of choice for the various NGO's, the UN and other such agency's when they need a tough vehicle for the Third World..Nissan Patrols are also somewhat popular, but are generally not considered as good a vehicle as the Land Cruiser..

Not sure about the Ford pick-ups, but I get the impression you don't tend to see them much outside the US? Are they exported in any great numbers?

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 08/15/13.