Originally Posted by KyWindageII
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Being cops, they have their pistols hanging in a holster on gunbelts in all manner of weather conditions. Being the fish and wildlife type, they spend quite a bit of time on the lake as well and for some reason, irregardless of their maintenance regimen, they are experiencing rust on Generation 4 Glock pistols.

You have three and have had no problem. They have a thousand or so in the field and they have had problems.

By the way, I made no reference to polymer parts corroding.

Since there are 120 counties in Kentucky, and one "possum cop" per county, and perhaps a couple of water patrol officers for the lakes, how can KDFWR have 1000 Gen IV Glocks afield?

Also, no such word as "irregardless".

By the way, I am a former KDFWR biologist.

I made the mistake of figuring your numbers on KSP numbers. If I were overly generous, I'll beg your pardon. That being the case, the chances of getting a Glock that will rust is even greater, since the KDFWR sample is remarkably smaller than I originally and mistakenly posted.

Also, to say that there is no such word as Irregardless is not quite true. Several online dictionaries have the word listed as "not standard" and probably a blend of regardless and irrespective.

While I would probably not have gone out on a limb to use that word in a doctorate thesis, I figured it would float here around the campfire.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis