Originally Posted by ingwe
Pretty good advice from TRH...with the exception of putting the dog in a crate. Very much of that at all makes a Border Collie neurotic....but the advice of paying attention and not putting the dog in a position to fail, then ignoring a bad event is all crucial.

Its not rocket science, but with a Border Collie you are ordinarily two steps behind the curve.......they are not for the casual pet person.

Ingwe, I appreciate that Border Collies are not for everyone, but Border Collies have been part of my life for so long. Overall this is my sixth Border Collie.

All my other Border Collies, once they were trained never made a mess in the house unless we missed their signs.

My little pup Tikka is not giving us any signs. She used to, but now she isn't.

I am going to try leaving her outside and then every two hours or so, put her on a leash and take her to where she has a pee at night. I don't know if that will work, but it is worth a try.

I am also going to take her and a sample of her pee to the Vet, to see if she has a bladder infection or something.

Ingwe, as you are a professional at dog training,I particularly want to thank you for your advice. To everyone else who responded, a heartfelt thank you as well. I truly appreciate your advice.

Patrick

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die,
I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

And on the 8th day, God created the Border Collie.