Originally Posted by bigblock455
lol okay how about you do some chronographing then my friend.......

You supporting powerbelts velocity info though only shows how much slower the powerbelt really shoots. 1820 FPS?!! I say a typo someone over looked.

Why would I waste my time chronographing a bullet I don't shoot at a velocity I don't shoot, I'm not the one trying to prove something here. Why would I chronograph anything with a Shooting Chrony and then think I had good enough data to conclude that the bullet manufacturer's data were no good?

Why don't you post your data in the gunwriter's forum, tell the gunwriters you've concluded that the bullet manufacturer's data are no good, and see what they think? They're experts. You and I are not.

I don't think you get what I'm saying here. I'm not "supporting powerbelts velocity," I'm saying that what you've done here (once again) proves nothing.

It is telling though. It shows that your experience in evaluating chronograph data is fairly limited. Shooting over an inexpensive chronograph, especially an inaccurate one with the short distance between the screens that you're using provides useful data, but even with a quality chronograph it's very common to get field data that don't match what the bullet manufacturers show in their manuals.

And it's not because the bullet manufacturers' data are "off." Different rifles shoot different velocities. And your chronograph and the tests you've run aren't good enough to negate a bullet manufacturer's data.

My main use of a chronograph is for testing centerfire loads. In lots of different chamberings, makes, and models of rifles. It's fairly common to get velocities that don't match the loading manuals.

And all this time, I never knew that I was right, and they were wrong. Who knew?

A wise man is frequently humbled.