Classic Ferrari vs Corvette question. Buy Corvette for $80k and run 180mph. Or spend $200k on the Ferrari and break 195. Both are fast, but the Italian is a bit more so and a pile more expensive. There are some giant speeds claimed for some Patriot shooters, but I doubt they are real-world numbers that yield long brass life. I shoot Lazz Scramjet. Is it faster than other .25 magnums? It is. Would I build it again? I would not. But it is fun. On the brass issue, my Scramjet brass has been quality. In the end, build the gun that you'll enjoy the most. There's just not a wrong answer.

For the record, I am far more mature these days. I've just learned that pushing bullets to warp speeds isn't necessary to kill Mississippi whitetails. I've outgrown all foolishness. That's why I'm having a 338 Norma built. Way more practical. blush

Last edited by MShuntfish; 09/09/13.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.