I have 2 pairs each of both high top leather stitched soled Danners and U.S. made Red Wings. All of them are either on their second or third set of resoles.
Of the OPs 2 choices I personally prefer the Red Wings because they have a broader range of widths, toe boxes and arch lengths and getting free new laces, and reconditioning/oiling is a after sale plus.
Having said that I don't use either to hunt in..... not enough ankle support for my taste when side hilling or going up and down mountains all day. My hunting boots are fit differently than my daily driver boots too, unless you enjoy sore toe ends and heel blisters. I use Lowa Tibets currently and have enjoyed the Meindl's mentioned earlier.
I also agree with the earlier comment equating good boots to good glass, you got to wear them all day on a trip from dawn til dark...... You might as well enjoy them and get a quality pair. My Lowas on on their 6th season now and still work like a champ with no leaks. If you amortize the cost of good boots out over a number of seasons the annual cost/value is pretty cheap.
That's JMHO and YMMV,
BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member