I know this topic has been discussed in various forums many times, so apologies if some feel its redundant. That said, I think much of what is written on the campfire is redundant, because we like discussing it...

I've been acquiring rifles for a while and I notice that I have my favorites that get used and a few that are unscoped and will likely live in the safe.

As many have done, I'm thinking of selling the ones that don't get used so I can just get a few that I really, really, like.

I'm thinking I want three rifles. Once I get the core battery, I might go back to getting more (because its fun) but I'm leaning toward refocusing my dollars into three.

Calibers are the question.

I'm sure one will be a .260 or 6.5x55 - love the 6.5, covers all deer, hog, etc. needs. I have a .260 now. Like the history of the 6.5x55.

Next is a .30 cal - will either be 30-06 or 300 H&H. Leaning 30-06 because the more I shoot one, the more I feel it fits a great balance of recoil, effectiveness, large supply of available ammo. Like the H&H over the win mag because of history and tradition. I own one of each.

Lastly is an africa rifle. Specifically, buffalo. Don't think I will ever go after any other dangerous game. Thinking .375 or .404. Don't have one of these.

What would you do?