My great uncle had a 10ga hammer double behind the stove of the cabin and I always thought it was wonderful to look at, I'm pretty sure it was a Rem. One year my dad let me carry his 16 guage and he took the 10. We could still buy 2 7/8 #6s at the grocery store in Lilly WI and my dad shot his limit of grouse over his pointer, I missed a limit. I thought the hammer 10 was magical. I finally found a beautiful 16 guage hammer double, english stocked, silver inlays and beautiful paterns on the steel barrel I had no idea what damascuss was. I killed a truck load of grouse, snowshoe rabbits and pheasant with it. I learned about damascus and started to load blackpowder shells for it and shot it at local meat trap shoots, after I fired my first round it threw everyone of and never needed a shoot off to win the prize. I still have the gun it hangs on the wall in my sisters home in norther WI. I still shoot hammer doubles, I have six that still go to the duck blind every year. Once they hit 100 yrs old you have to take them out every year or they feel abandonned.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders