1600-1800 for a Benelli SBE2. Aluminum receiver, plastic stock, etc...

And why is everything so damn ugly?

Because we have become a very marketing-gullible, want-to-be-part-of-the-in-crowd, society.

If a maker is savvy, or lucky, enough to break in and become an "IT" name, guys pay stupid money to join that crowd.

Look most any pickup rolling down the road today. They'll have the entire back window covered up in Matthews, Browning (buckmark logo), etc decals. It's not enough to pay the high prices for the gun or bow, but guys will then pay MORE, just to get a decal, to let everybody else know about it. crazy

Makes me cherish my older Remingtons, Brownings, Berettas, and Benelli's.

Birds fall out of the sky just as well with an 870.

Yep. I own a few nice O/U shotguns that are primarily used for sporting clays (informal, never a registered bird in my life), because they fit me well and work well for that game, and yeah, they look good.

But when it comes to hunting, the majority of the time it's a good old Rem 870 that's in my hand. They've never let me down, and have been responsible for many truckloads of game of various flavors. cool

And guess what? Not a Remington (or any other) sticker to be found anywhere on my truck. laugh