Originally Posted by battue
Difference was you got a solid well made shotgun for your money. One that it would be the exception if something broke. Today most of the semi-autos are cheap parts guns. Snap something in the trigger or crack a gas piston. Rush over buy another and pop it in. None of them will out last a good Model 12.

Something to be said for that. Depends on your perspective.

I have always loved wood stocks and blued steel. Today it seems as though everything is heading for the plastic/stainless steel route and I find myself cold with that.

However, if you do want to find the best semi-auto shotgun in the world, you would probably have to look to the Benelli Supers. Like them or not, if you go to Argentina or Chile or any other country in South America, where they shoot the living snot out of the guns and run 100's of thousands of rounds through them, you won't see the lodges using 1100's and the like, Benelli is the one you will find more than any other.

There is nothing to compare with a fine English double, but when it is icky out and I want something I can abuse and not worry about, a Benelli works great...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]