Originally Posted by Cariboujack
The third generation guns (which the 4506 is) are great guns. Known for being so reliable they will feed empty brass. Better than adequate accuracy. I've had a few and like them but have gone to a model called a 4566 more of the commander type size. I don't mind the size either given the reliability. I'll take one over a 1911 any day. I've shot ipsc with mine in years past. BSA called it.

One problem I noticed after I bought my 4506 is I wanted more 3rd gen smiths. When I was a kid and just getting out on my own, I remember peering thru the glass gun case at the local gun store and wishing I could afford a 4506. I remember reading magazine articles when it first came out and thought to myself, "that is one bad azz gun, one of these days I'm going to get one"!! So I finally got one and then I got a 4006, and a 5906 and had my eye on a 1006 but I still can't afford one of those so I'll keep looking until a good deal comes along at the right time grin:

[Linked Image]

Good tough dependable pistols, all of them, even the west german sig sauer in the picture wink....Make note, mine is actually the 4506-1 blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA