ROTR,
<br>
<br>My rough calculations show that the flight time difference between 2600 FPS and 2300 FPS is 15/1000 of a second (0.015) per 100 yards. It is your call as to the safety margin that you are willing to accept as you "push the envelope" of the .30-30's intended(?) performance parameters, but you may want to consider is the gain is worth the risk.
<br>
<br>One thing that you might want to consider is to resize .307 Winchester brass to .30-30 configurations and take advantage of the stronger brass. Of course, you would lose some case capacity and would need to start your loading program over, but you would have the real benefit of a significantly stronger case.
<br>
<br>Trust me, you don't want to be behind the trigger of any rifle when a case separates, but some handle the escaping gas better than others. I don't know where the Marlin Model 336 would fit on the spectrum of actions in the area of ability to handle escaping gas, but I know that I don't want to be there when it happens. Once was enough for me!
<br>
<br>Please be careful!
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264