Originally Posted by iddave
I don't let my kids climb over my rifle, my dog doesn't walk on it, and I clean it more than once every five years.

You hunt with whatever floats your boat, I'll continue rolling the dice with the CDS turrets and whacking critters like I have for several years now.

Same to you.

All I know is that I'd rather take advice on what works and what doesn't from the guys who use the living schit out of their equipment. Even if I don't use my stuff that hard, it's from those who really put a test on equipment that I find what really works, and what is fluff.

I'm really not that tough on my gear, but I know plenty who are. I showed a CDS scope to a cousin who is one of those guys. First thing he did is grab it and spin it, commenting on how useless it would be in a saddle scabbard, which he has under his leg darned near every day of the year. Interestingly enough, a boat paddle 270 with a Leupold 6x has ridden in said scabbard since the mid 90s. He told me the only time it needed rezeroed was after a horse rolled over the top of the rifle and him, and even then it was only off like two inches at 100 yards. Oh yeah, he used it to shoot a mighty fine bull elk this year at around 400 yards, and shoots coyotes, hurt cattle, or whatever else needs killed on the reg.