Mark,

I developed a wildcat 6.5 mm on a 300WM case, modified by blowing the shoulder out by decreasing the taper of the case. Also moved the shoulder forward, shortening the neck to maximize case capacity. I had Dave Manson make the reamer - so he has the case drawings and reamer specs - and had a M-70 Classic 264 WM re-chambered with it.

I still have the load data and case drawings. If you want more details PM me. Very accurate - best 300 yd group I've ever shot. It produced very similar ballistics to the 6.5/300 Wby you mentioned, but with a more commonly available case. The high MV with 140 grain bullets and common case availability were the main goals I had in mind in this design.

Also used the same case for a 7mm and a 358 version as well. Still have the 358 in a Model 700 Rem - pretty good elk rifle.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now