Sel,

The reason I inquired about cast bullets was "shortleade" spoke of penetration issues with jacketed bullets. Using the velocities he mentioned it seemed to me he could sub a hard cast checked bullet without encountering leading.

The WikiLeaks summation regarding the demise of the 357 Max fingered hot-loaded 125 gr and lighter bullets at 2300-2400fps were the real culprits for flame cutting pistol top straps.

While most here on the Fire would be primarily interested in 158gr and heavier bullets for deer sized game, my infatuation is for off-season plinking of 15+lb snapping turtles that happen to be over-populating a little 6 acre trophy bass lake.

My experience with this goes back well over 40 years, when I stuffed some 158gr 357 bullets into .358 Winchester brass and declared war on the turtle population. Holy Crap. Until you've witnessed the devastation, (which resembles little hand-grenades), simply has to be seen to be believed. Sure a .22 short would do the job but this is like shooting canon's at un-opened coke cans. Perverse? Maybe, but equates to prairie dog sniping where there ain't any prairie dogs.

Those flame-cutters in a rifle barrel ought to be purty dern fun!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?