Originally Posted by DZG
Scott,

I enjoyed the article on the packs. I was wondering why it was limited to just four lightweight high end packs? As I read your comments on the Paradox being fresh off the sewing machine, with improvements still on their way, I was curious why the review wasn't more comprehensive to include packs such as Kuiu, Hill People Gear, McHale, and possibly other load haulers guys might be interested in.

Don't take my comments wrong, I just would of liked to know more about some of these others. I appreciate the time you spent and your review of the four packs.

No offense taken. This project started to get legs last spring, and at that point these were the packs that seemed to be getting the most attention across several forums, including this one.

On a practical level, we are two guys with regular jobs, and a limited budget. We financed this ourselves, with the exception of the Paradox. The Paradox was number 3 I believe off the cutting room floor and was a loaner that we sent off to Dan Adair after we were done.

We also felt like it wouldn't be fair to do more than 4 in a head to head because it would take over a year to give each pack a fair shot. 25 miles per pack means 100 miles total and hiking just about every day to knock of miles at variable distances and weights. Mule Deer scouting season knocked out a LOT of the light weight miles for me, but it takes time regardless.

Ultimately it came down to time and making sure we gave each pack a fair shot.