Originally Posted by DZG
I was curious why the review wasn't more comprehensive to include packs such as Kuiu, Hill People Gear, McHale, and possibly other load haulers guys might be interested in.

I'll chime in on the Hill People Gear Ute, its designers don't really consider it a "meat-hauler", they state on their forum that it is designed to be a go-to pack for loads up to 60#, not that it wouldn't carry more, they just don't consider it the best tool for such a load. They prefer a frame pack for heavier loads, and with the abscence of all hunter frame packs (except for the Barney) on the market, they are developing their own.

The Ute has similar suspension/design/size to the Kifaru Late Season, and should be viewed as such. For a day-hunter carrying out a boned out whitetail, or the first load back to the truck to retrieve a frame pack, I think it'd be perfect. That same pack will do nicely for a general hiking pack, year round.

The waistbelt is quite Kifaru-like, but it has a thinner lumbar pad (this can be changed anyway, on a Kifaru as well) but the shoulder harness they have is truly unique and spanks every other design, IMO.

I'll post more when I've gotten some use out of mine with various loads. I think their 60# reccomendation might be conservative, but I haven't used it enough to say.