Went to South Africa this past June. But 18 months before that I had worked up loads for my .338 (225gr TTSX2800fps) and my Sons 7m-08 (140gr TSX2800 fps)
We both did a whole lot of practice shooting, from sticks, prone, kneeling, standing you name it. We wanted to be proficient. I am glad we practiced a bunch. My Son shot 5 animals with his 7m-08, all but the Kudu were thru the heart, the Kudu was a double lung shot. His Duiker, Warthog and Impala dropped pretty much in their tracks. The larger Kudu and Zebra were a different story. The Zebra after shot thru the top of the heart ran 120 yards before dropping, The trackers followed the tracks to the Zebra but there was not a single drop of blood. When we found the Zebra we saw a 7mm entry and a 7mm exit hole, no expansion at all. The PH said that was common with those bullets. We watched them skin the Zebra and the entire chest cavity was full of blood and the heart had a nice 7mm hole in it.
The Kudu ran about 400 yards with a double lung shot, same scenario, 7mm entry and a 7mm exit with only one small drop of blood at the place he was standing when shot. I was proud of my 14 y.o. Sons shooting and I believe all the practice paid dividends. I believe it was shot placement not bullet performance that won the day.
I shot 4 animals with my 338 using the 225 TTSX's. Not a single heart shot, yes my Son shot way better than I did, lol. All of my animals had a .338 entry and a massive exit wound with lots of blood (made for an easier more relaxing track)
I know we are talking 2 different calibers but I can't help but think, at least in our case, that the TTSX bullet out performed the TSX bullets. Next time we go it will be TTSX's for the both of us and I may have to practice a little more than my Son wink