Originally Posted by 65BR
Curious how many have experienced it.

Yeah, but I can't blame the gun for me doing something really stupid. I fired a shot, smelled primer, but I though I'd pierced one, not blown one clear out of the case head, and in the heat of battle (in other words, the squirrels were charging) just cycled the bolt to pick up another shell. The bolt handle didn't want to go clear shut so I forced it.

Turns out in doing so I squeezed that blown primer into a mortice in the action where it did not allow the bolt handle to lift after firing the next shot. I was trying to tap the handle to open the action to eject that next empty when I busted the bolt handle off. Landed on the ground between my feet.

Sick feeling.

I took the rifle to my favorite gunsmith who unscrewed the barrel to get the empty case and spent primer out of the way, then sent my busted bolt off to have the handle welded.

Backed off the loads a bunch but it still kept blowing primers. Weird thing was, I never had any issues at the rifle range, I could run 20-30 rounds through the gun, but in the field, even with the gun and ammo in the shade, about the 3rd or 4th shot I'd start getting wild pressure indicators. Never did figure it out, sold it to someone who planned to rebarrel it.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...