Great thread!!!

I guess the two coolest guns I've shot would be my Dad's one and only deer rifle. A Post 64 Win 88 in vanilla .308 Winchester. I'd seen it all my life and was always told to not touch. I remember being surprised how tame it was.

The next one would be a little embarrassing to a rifle looney. It was a Ruger African in .375 Ruger. I showed up at the public gun range in Oroville, CA on a Sunday morning. It was really early. The sun had just come up and it had been raining all night. There was only one other guy on the range and he was really courteous. Something that you don't see much at this particular place.

Anyway, I got to talking with this guy and he was getting ready for a trip to Africa. We got to chatting and he offered to let me shoot his new Ruger. It had what I believe was a VX-6 1-6 or so with an illuminated reticle. It was a circle with a cross hair in it. I shot it off hand and dusted a shooting clay that was laying on its side at 75 yards. He was impressed. I was impressed. And I will always wonder how his hunt in Zimbabwe went.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.