Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I've put together a bunch of SPRs and SPR uppers for individuals, as well as run them at various ranges and time constraints.

They are truly an excellent platform, and if I was in a static position such as on an embassy detail, where I knew I was going to be doing mostly roof top shots, I would take it in a heartbeat.

That being said, said for an all around weapon, I find that a 16" gun with match grade tube, free floated barrel/handguard setup and a proper trigger such as a Geissele Dynamic to ideal.

Top it off with a low powered variable such a 1.5-5 or 2.5-8 Leupold, or a Nightforce 2.5-10x24 and call it good.

Which buffer is best for an 18" set up?

H Buffers work well for me. Thats all I use other than one ST-T2 buffer A rifle gas 18" barrel runs smooth with a carbine buffer though.

I just got my 16" setup like I wanetd it. Its exactly the same as my 18", just 2" shorter and with a 1-6.5 optic vs. the NF 2.5-10X42 on the 18". I guess I will see which one gets used more and one may go up for sale.

[Linked Image]
AR-15 16" Rainier Arms Match by wareagle700, on Flickr

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."