Decided to upgrade the stove in the hunting cabin. Read lots of good reviews on the Englander NC13 and NC30. While not a "fancy" stove, they are apparently built well (and in the USA) and priced right.

Started searching for a deal, and came across a 2 year-old forum posting where someone mentioned going to the Home Depot website in the Spring, and entering "24202" as your "home store" zipcode, rather than your true zip-code.

Doing this took the price of an Englander NC30 from $899 (Texas price) to $649!!! This stove even sells as high as $1150 (at Ace), so I figured that was a good deal. Didn't do anything for the NC13 price, which was already $649 (and is a much smaller stove).

Shipping is $99 (which isn't too bad for a 425 pound stove). When paying and putting in shipping info, you just put in your regular address and zip-code. It doesn't change the price back to the higher price. Couldn't do "ship to store for free". Wouldn't even allow it at the 24202 zip code (which is Virginia, by the way).

The stove is a little bigger than I need, but the NC13 simply had too small of a firebox, and was going to require lots of labor simply to size the wood to fit it.

BTW, the NC30 is rated to heat 2200 sq ft.

So, saved $250 off of HD's normal price, and $400-$500 off many others' prices. Figured I did ok.....