Originally Posted by fburgtx
Yeah, this is an "EPA-rated" stove, but it's a non-cat, and will hopefully not need to be stoked every 3 hours like the Vogelzang Boxwood cast-iron stove that had been in the cabin for years before I got it.

Heck, if the EPA gets their way in 2015 (proposed wood stove regs), we'll be lucky to get anything for under $1000....
If the EPA gets that new reg in place, there WON'T be any wood stove companies left - period..

FWIW, I have to replace ours too and I'm not happy reading J23's post above - it makes me give pause.. My old Kickapoo stove is over 40 years old. I have been researching stoves for over a month and have decided on the Osburn 2400:

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Wood-...ge-Over-2000-sqft/Osburn-2400-Wood-Stove

A dealer north of me gave me a good price with blower added and I think this is what I'm going to get.

However, I DO really like this old Kickapoo - the dang thing kicks out heat like there's no tomorrow if I need it. Problem is, it would never pass any inspection when we decide to finally sell this place and move. It would have to either go completely or be replaced by (?)....

Last edited by Redneck; 03/17/14.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!