I'm looking for a small action .233 bolt gun. The Sako at two grand does not amortize out too good at age 76. Likewise Anschutz.

I do not really like the 1:12 twists on the Zastivia and the CZ , but I can live with it. If they only handle bullets up to 55, so be it. 60NP would be nice. We do not have many prairie dogs and few other colony varmints any more. I don't think I can tolerate the hang down magazine on the CZ, and they have dropped the low capacity flatter one.

I see some forums in different places that the Zastivia has potential, it does need a lot of internal and wood attention. I can handle that.

Ruger and Tikka have tighter twists, but I really want the small action and a trim barrel. Is there a brand that I have overlooked. Remington is out and Winchester doesn't even make one.

I have a fairly accurate Mini-14 and a G2 Contender 16.25" carbine in that caliber already. I just NEED a bolt gun. The Mini is too heavy. The TC is light enough, it is unwieldy to me, so it never gets used.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero