Originally Posted by TWR
A long time ago I started gathering things, then I realized I needed a way to carry it all so I got a few packs. Then I started gearing up for extended camping trips. Then I started getting in better shape so now I run 5&10k's. I have plenty to last here at home for a spell but if I need to evacuate, I have the means to do so.

Gonna be tough for a lot of the fat guys I see stocking up on guns and ammo to carry all of it if need be. Just saying there's more to being self sufficient than buying an AR,a case of ammo and a survival knife. wink

I have been doing almost the exact same thing, except I don't do the extended runs anymore. I lift as heavy of weights as I can for ten rep sets and then I wander up and down the mountain near here to get conditioned.

I went to the 1000 yard range about six months ago with all the gun loonies in my neighborhood to get some data book dope on some rifles and I was really frustrated and shocked at how long it took me to gather up all the optics, ammunition and rifles. I bought a cargo frame back pack from Cabela's and I am going to fabricate some holders for it to carry all the kit.

Call me a tinfoil hat nutcase but I feel some sort of compelling duty to be minute man ready for bad things. The sad fact of the matter is that the conservative folks who are doing practical things to defend hearth and home are fractured. The founders were a tight knit and drilled community of friends and family. Edwin Vieira talks a great deal about this in one of his latest books on the militia:

http://www.amazon.com/Constitutional-Homeland-Security-Nation-Arms/dp/0967175925

Last edited by Robert_White; 03/31/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.