To answer a couple questions -

Loggah, looking at my catalogs it appears that separate price lists were first used with cat #60 and it was only a supplemental list because the catalog had everything priced. I think catalog #61 is the first that did not have any prices listed in the catalog.

Rick - I have not seen a 1902, 1904 or a 55A, is the 1904 about the same as a 1903 but with out the date? Does the 55A have the same cover as the 55?

Rick & Rick, I had skimmed through a copy of Joe Vorisek's 'Savage Arms Company History' that Stever had at the Ohio Fest. I found it very inaccurate for information on Savage 22 & Shotguns - I did not look it over closely to see how well he did on the 1899/99's. I did buy a copy recently so that I could address some of the inaccuracies I believe it has. His information about the Meriden Arms 22 and 12 gauge slide-actions and the relationship to Savage models is completely wrong. I personally would not suggest it as a reference - I will bring my copy to the Fest so anyone can judge for themselves without investing in a copy. I have not seen his 'Stevens Arms Company History' but I have been hesitant to buy one based on what I found with the Savage book.

Gene