On April 15 I sent this to Remington:

OK people. Time to get this right. I have four of your recalled triggers. I have one in a rifle that's already been back to you twice already to correct manufacturing defects. A rifle that incidentally did have an AD last deer season.

I am not about to ship these rifles with scopes on them that cost more than the guns. I am not inclined in the least to dismount the scopes. And, I am damned sure not inclined to trust you to do this work promptly and return the guns to me immediately, at least not after waiting half an hour on the phone to talk to someone about this.

It's on you now. Call me ASAP between the hours of 9:00 AM and 1:30 PM at 612-220-3601. At this time, the only option I think is fair is that you offer me a fair price for the triggers in my guns and I will have them replaced with reliable triggers from a reliable company.

I have yet to hear back from Remington. I do not expect to hear back from Remington. I kind of expect that I'll have to file a small claims action here in Minnesota and then go to a lot of trouble to collect anything. I'd have to be nuts to trust them to do it right. I'd have to be nuts to let them replace my nice tuned triggers with their POS factory triggers. I'd have to be nuts to eat the cost of having my trigger tuned when it comes back. I'd have to be nuts to eat the cost of the ammo to resight the scope after I remount it. Lastly, I'd have to be nuts to let someone who's already messed up the damned triggers first by producing the Xmark that isn't quite right and then by leaving gunk in them so I have to send it back.

What the hell is the matter with Remington that they'd think I would even consider such a stupid course of action as to just up and send them my rifle??? No way in hell!