I have to grin at the concerns I see expressed in a great many of these threads, when I started hunting elk nearly 45 years ago the standard combo all the old geezers used was a remington 760 slide action 30/06 springfields loaded with remington/peters or winchester 220 grain round nose ammo a combo that most guys would laugh at today....we collected elk regularly....some of the guys eventually swapped to 200 or 180 grain speer hand loads in those 30/06 rifles, not much changed we still killed elk.
your 168 ttsx will work, a 45/70 will work, a 25/06 or a 7mm08 will work, its mostly a mater of placing the shot correctly, and, the main issue your going to be concerned with is simply finding a legal elk in a location, and under conditions where you have a chance to make a shot to the vitals, Ive had years when I would have been just as successful with a flyswatter, simply because I never saw a legal elk, under conditions when I could shoot.
I,ve killed elk with a 45/70 and archery equipment at under 30 yards, and with a 30/06 out near 300 yards, its not the equipment most trips thats limiting the results its simply the opportunity to use it.

[Linked Image]