Originally Posted by NathanL
They last much longer than an aluminum prop, can be reshaped if you hit something and bend it, don't shatter if you hit something, on a higher horespower motor you can get them reworked to suit what you need pitch and cup wise etc....

Depends on what you need. Down here they are a godsend when you are driving a boat with a 250hp motor going 70mph+ in this on LOTS of lakes.

Down here you really normally only see kicker size motors without a SS prop, but that probably varies regionally as we have lots of stick ups, shallow water and even pipelines you can run over.

[Linked Image]

That reminds me of a big cove on Sam Rayburn I used to fish 45 years ago. I used to see schools of 4-5 lb bass busting the surface in an area bigger than an acre, Nathan.

Sam was the bass factory until the outcries from hotshot BASS bastards finally resulted in the buffalo fish gill netters being forced off the lake. Then the thousands of alligator gar became hundreds of thousands. So, rather than lose a few bass to the netters Rayburn lost millions to the gar. A big gar can snap a ten pound bass like a pretzel. Now, if it weren't for the fact most fishermen don't keep bass there probably would be very few , i figure.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/16/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.